WHAT PAST STUDENTS SAY
“Great atmosphere and instruction.
Really inspired me to return to archery.
All of the people that I met were awesome, and the program was very centering.”
“Murphy’s teaching style is great. It is calm and always positive, yet acknowledges flaws in technique so you can learn quickly.
Go to this class! You’ll have a great time and learn a ton.”
“I loved the laid-back pace with the incorporation of aerial targets, video review, and continued practice.
I felt very safe, and everyone was open, caring, and very friendly.”
- This is a 6-week series of Sunday afternoon classes, offering you a clear sequence of skills that will improve your aim more each time.
- All equipment is provided. We have bows for both right-handed and left-handed shooters
- All genders are welcome
- These lessons are designed for adults, but teens and tweens with good focus may attend if accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Our bows have low draw weights, so they don't take much strength to draw. You get to focus on your aim and form, not your aching muscles.
- Murphy will teach you the correct form from day one, so your shooting will be safe, accurate, and ergonomic
- If you miss a class, you can drop in to join another series in the future to make up the class
Where is it?
Archery classes are held at Mountainsong Expeditions in Worcester, VT. You can find directions to Mountainsong here.
We shoot at square foam targets and 3D animal-shaped targets in a forest archery range. You need enough physical mobility to walk through the forest a short distance to the range.
In the spring and early summer, it can be buggy. Bring your preferred method of bug defense.
When is it?
Class runs from 1pm to 2:30pm on Sunday afternoons, May 22-June 26, 2022 (six sessions).
If there is steady rain or audible thunder, class will be cancelled. If a session gets rained out, we will schedule a make-up class in July.
How much is it?
The six-week series is $180 per person. Pay in advance to reserve your spot.
Our Covid Policies
- Stay home if you are sick or have been directly exposed to someone with Covid
- The program is 100% outdoors (dress for the weather!)
- Masks are not required, but you are welcome to wear one if you choose
- We do not require vaccination, but we strongly encourage it.
“Patient instruction, careful sectioning of new skills, constant cheerful encouragement. I felt positive about the whole process, which is probably why I got better!
Murphy is the most chill sportsperson/archer/hunter I’ve ever met and the complete lack of stress was the best thing about a great class!”
—Eli, Archery Student
“I really enjoyed the way Murphy presented content over and over in different ways at different times. I felt really supported by the environment, Murphy, and the group.”
Murphy Robinson is the founder of Mountainsong Expeditions and has been working in outdoor leadership since 2005.
Murphy trained as a Level 2 archery coach with USA Archery in 2014, and has been teaching archery ever since. They shoot traditional, compound, and crossbow archery.
BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT OUR NEW CLASSES!
Can't make it to our class this time around? Join our email list to be the first to hear about the classes we will be offering in the future.
Check your inbox for a free gift after you sign up!